Saturday, March 3, 2012

Awkward Moments


 I have been a whirl wind of busy!

 There is just so much going on, and needing to be done in a very short time! Not to mention all the things I normally do need to be kept up with.

 Don't worry, I will be able to spill the beans soon... hopefully next week!

in other news, we have been diaper free for over a month now, and we are officially fully potty learned! She has been for over a week, but I wanted to give it some time to be sure. She asks to go every time now, and she has control over her bladder. We still has the occasional accident, but that's normal; it usually happens when she is really focused and distracted. What has been happening lately, is she gets distracted (happens most often at baby group.) and then she realizes she has to go and does a mini freak-out, but in her rush to the potty she is usually just too  late. She gets better at being aware of her feeling of 'I gotta go' every day, though.(apart from baby group, we have never had an accident in public actually.)

 In celebration of this new milestone, Mackynzie and I went to the store to get a new baby doll (she loves baby dolls, but didn't have a 'full size' one yet, so it seemed fitting.) Now here is where my day gets funny. Or at least  I  think it was funny... and a little odd.
 While at the till, the cashier looks at the baby dolls (She chose a set of twin dolls. Also, it was our only purchase there.) and said:

"Oh... baby dolls! There's only one reason for buying those."

She looked at me with a half smile, half of a 'yup...I know what that's for' type of look.

I was very confused, and figured I must have been missing something. We were just there buying dolls... nothing unusual. I figured she would guess that it was an occasion of some sort, but what she said next shocked me, and almost made me split my side! I answered:

"And what's that?"

She looked at me with that look again, and said:

"There is another one on the way!"

I laughed a little and said:

"No, definitely not. We are celebrating being potty learned."

I couldn't help but laugh a little more. She then told me a story about how her granddaughter got mad when they gave her  daughter a baby doll, because they didn't want her to think she had to play with dolls, and couldn't play with trucks etc. So with that being said, I could understand why she might think that. Still super funny to me though. Probably more so because she caught me so off guard!

 unless I look prego... if that's the case, then apparently I need more flattering clothes.

Cody and I giggled about it on the way home. Ah.. fun times...

No comments:

Post a Comment