Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Little Potty Update


 This potty thing has been so relaxed and wonderful, I find myself forgetting we ever had diapers!

 Yesterday morning, Mackynzie got up from playing, came over to me (I was in the kitchen.) and told me:

"poop potty! poooooop!"

 We hurried to the potty, and sure enough, she went! This has been happening quite a bit this past week-two weeks. She can now recognize the feeling of 'I gotta go!' and can respond before the accident happens.

 Of course, we still have accidents sometimes, but that can be expected from any new potty learner, no matter their age.

 Mackynzie is enjoying being able to pick out an ENTIRE outfit now (panties included!), and I am enjoying how darn cute she looks in her clothes without that diaper bulge. (We are almost ready to go stock up on cute underwear (if I can fin any that fit well, that small!), to get her used to wearing underwear and pants.)

I always imagined potty "training" to be this drawn out, tedious thing. Who knew it would be a wonderfully relaxing experience, and another way to bond!


No comments:

Post a Comment