Thursday, July 28, 2011

My Thorn Bushes Have Roses. Do Yours?

 

   I know I'm blessed. I am beyond thankful for my beautiful family, and there isn't a single thing i would change.

 Something that really bothers me though, is people who complain about their kids or spouse.

 I understand that we all have moments where we can be forgetful of how truly blessed we are, but there are some who seem oblivious to the fact that they are blessed.

 Life is a challenge. There is no doubt about that. But its also incredibly rewarding. Throw a family in the mix, and the rewards are unbelievable!

 There is never (and i say never honestly.) a time where i don't remember how blessed I am to have my family. Even during frustrating times, where i haven't slept, the house is a mess, and the dogs are barking, what keeps me calm and thankful is the fact that i have my family with me.

 I know there are families out there who would give ANYTHING to go through sleepless nights, cleaning up puke, being hit, picking up work clothes, etc, if it just meant that their child or spouse was with them.

 I have been fortunate enough to be deeply touched by one of these families. More so then i could ever explain. I will never forget what they have taught me. (even from so far away.) And in being touched with such an unexplainable force, i have learned (and continue to learn.) some great lessons about life. Great values. Great realizations. And I feel its the least i can do, to share the things i have learned with everyone I can.

 When you are having a moment when you are at your wits end, or you feel like pulling your hair out, really take that time to think about what you appreciate about that moment. Find the positives, in what seems to be a negative situation.

 I know people say things like this all the time, and sometimes it can be hard to relate to something so general. But imagine how lost you would be, if the person on the other end of your frustrations wasn't there anymore. I can guarantee you would give the world and more, to have the exact moment that was frustrating you back.

 Instead of taking these situations as negative experiences you think you could live with out, think of them as opportunity. Opportunity to reflect on why you couldn't live without times like these. Opportunity to turn the negative situation into a positive. Opportunity to grow as a person, become humble, and know that frustrating situations work both ways.


'We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.'
- Abraham Lincoln



2 comments:

  1. i needed this reminder this week :) wonderful from the heart post! tis why i have love for you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! Great post! And I love the Abe Lincoln quote :D

    ReplyDelete