Wednesday, March 20, 2013

5 Things


 1.  Slow it down. I have been finding myself caught up in long term stuff aka not living in the now. This week I am taking a step back and connecting with what`s happening right now. That means catching up with friends, cuddling on the couch with good shows, good food, projects I have been wanting/meaning to do, reading, playing, stepping away from social media and lots more.

2. Mango's. I have been eating so many mango's. Thank goodness there are only benefits from this insane craving... Cody ran to the store for sea salt chocolate and mango's last night-it was 8:45pm. We piled on the couch with a sleeping baby between us, accompanied by snoring dogs. We ate entirely too much of that chocolate and I ate mango and we watched a favorite show. It really is the simple things.

3. Music. I used to listen to music all the time. Always on, always in my head. Then I went through a (long) phase during a tough time in my life and I just stopped. No more music ever. Couldn't stand it because I was connecting events with songs. (big fat bleh.) Then I  -finally- snapped out of it and music and I are lovely friends again. I probably have Cody to thank for that (thanks hun!) but anyways, there is usually something playing between the three of us in this house. Just for fun, you can check out my current playlist here (I suggest hitting shuffle.).

4. Work it. I started my own version of a 'shred'. Maybe I should call it a 'tone'? Tightening my paleo reins and doing zumba 5 days a week in the morning, and yoga every day. Im only 3 days in, but why the heck did I stop doing this?! This used to be the norm. Feeling good, and I imagine by the end of the week I will be feeling extra good. It can really suck to get going with exercise, but its just so worth it. I am such a better me when I work out, and getting it over with in the morning is the key (for me) because you can forget about it before breakfast! Want my unsolicited advice? Of course you do. Just MOVE.  Do something, anything, just move. It's going to get you farther than sitting, and the time will pass anyway.

5. Spring prep. We get busy with warmer weather, there is just so much more to do! I'm starting to play with a loose plan in my head. I'm really excited for our summer adventures, biking everywhere, more library trips, zoo, picnics, play groups at the park... All of it. Okay, maybe not the bugs..

 I hope you all are having a really good week!

peace

In case you don't want to hit the link- here you go:




No comments:

Post a Comment