Thursday, August 1, 2013

11 Weeks


How far along? 11 weeks (2 days)

Maternity clothes? No

Stretch marks? Not any new ones ;)

Sleep: Good! Heavy and weirdo-dreams.

Best moment of the week: Feeling little bub move!

Miss anything? Hmm, not really. Maybe drinking more tea.

Number of times I get up to pee at night: usually just once.

Movement: Yes! when I am laying down at night i can feel baby rolls and he/she sticks out  to one side already.

Food Cravings: Tomato soup.

Anything making you queasy or sick: I still don't want to eat eggs. Not interested in sweets, really. Greek yogurt makes me gag and any fast food.

Gender prediction: I'm not sure.. I am horrible at guessing! When I had my ultrasound I automatically thought girl though. Who knows!

Labor signs: No

Symptoms: Still occasional nausea and being sick, but it starts and ends quickly and before 10 am now.

Belly button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or moody most of the time? Happy!!

Looking forward to: My next midwife appointment next week. I can't wait to hear baby's heart beat!

   Last week, we had an ultrasound at 10 weeks and I got to see our sweet baby! Honestly, nothing felt real yet, and I didn't really believe I was pregnant. The moment I saw my baby bopping around though, it hit me.

 Everyone told me I would love this baby just as much. I knew that, but the 'what if' still nagged at me in the back of my head. When I saw our little baby jumping around, big and healthy, I fell in love. Hard. It was unbelievable and it was instant. I haven't even met this bean yet! I also just kind of assumed it's a girl but I have no idea. That probably means it's a boy, right ;) And for family trying to guess already, sorry, I don't carry to go along with wives tales haha. My body carries low and out front and I had a girl. I guess you guys will just have to sit back and be patient for the big day!

Something I did not expect was feeling the baby so early. I didn't know you could! After my ultrasound, I was laying in bed that evening and felt this little push and roll. I felt my belly and it happened again. I looked down and sure enough, there is baby rolling and pushing! I wonder if it  has to do with position. This baby is very far over on my right side, and since i'm thin, there isn't much between babe and the outside. It was amazing! I now lay in bed each night and usually feel this little one.

Over all, I feel good. I'm starting to get back to 'normal' and i can fully function without morning sickness dragging me down now. I'm showing much sooner than with Mackynzie, but those muscles remember well! I'm trying to get used to going to bed really early, so that's a little different, but I will get used to it!

I can't believe I'm almost 1/3 of the way there already. It's both zooming by and going at a nice pace.



No comments:

Post a Comment