Friday, December 16, 2011

Homemade Finger Paint



This holiday season, we (Mackynzie) are painting for some of our gifts. Since I'm me, of course I needed to find some non-toxic baby/planet safe finger paint. And since I'm also cheap, I figured I would make my own!

 I went to my go-to place for crafty-ness -pinterest- and found a recipe to try out!

 It was really easy, and I had all the ingredients on hand (not that it took many ingredients!).

Since many of us are stuck inside this time of year, and need things to do, I wanted to share this with you!



Homemade finger paint:

  • 3 tbs sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup corn starch
  • 2 cups water

Combine ingredients in saucepan. Warm until mixture thickens. Cool & pour in containers. Add food coloring to create desired colors. Enjoy!

*Recipe from easiepeasie, via Pinterest.*
(Really cool blog! check her out!)


 The consistency is a bit jelly, but that was okay with me. I found (I used mine right away), that the warmer it is, the smoother it is. So, when we painted with them on a later day, i just popped them in the microwave for about 12 seconds and gave them a good stir. They were smooth, with a creamy texture, and Mackynzie had a blast painting with them!



I think I'm going to start accumulating my favorite recipes and crafts from pinterest, that I actually do, on here, so that I can share them. I have a lot of friends asking me for the recipe, or how I made something, so it makes sense! Plus, then I may be on here more! ;)

Happy Painting!

Feel free to follow me on pinterest too!



No comments:

Post a Comment