Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Castles and Beasts and Memories


 On days we're home, we like to follow our normal schedule to balance the busy days. A big part of that means having lots of play time together. 

 Both Mackynzie and I can easily get overwhelmed or frazzled in public (especially large places), so our home days really help us reconnect and collect ourselves again.

 Some days, we play kitchen, or house, or babies, or hide and seek, or play puzzles. Some days, we build forts castles to protect us from kind-of-fierce beasts.





 I was sitting in our castle, wishing that I had a personal camera man to film these moments; so that when she got older, we could curl up together drinking tea and laugh-crying at all the fun we have had over the years. Naked streaking and all. 

Well, I don't have a personal camera man, but I do have a(n) camera iPhone. I got my laugh-crying video to watch over tea, and I bet I will remember the giggles and screams just like when she was two and we played forts on a snowy winter day.


2 comments:

  1. LOL I love that she's naked... when my daughter was that age that's the first thing she did when we got home get naked... we had a neighbor girl ask us once if she ever wore clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! She is always naked. And same thing, home for a little bit? clothes off! Most mornings she will shout "No clothes today! I want to stay naked!" so funny...

    ReplyDelete