Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A couple thoughts on food



 Food used to be so easy. You put it in your mouth, chew it, swallow it, done. Now, food can be a chore at times! In our culture, it's processed, quick, easy, and packed full of sugar, bad fats, and bad carbs. We really try to be conscious of what we put into our bodies. We have tried a few lifestyle diets, and drastically changed our way of eating. This summer, we just so happened to be in a 'processing, discussing, and thinking' phase of what we eat. In other words, everything was off the table (within reason for us.) and we have been eating very poorly for what we are used to.

 We were paleo for very close to a year, and Mackynzie and I were (i guess you could say) vegan for a few months. All the information got a bit overwhelming, so we just stepped away for the summer (mostly.). After everything though, I think I have a very good knowledge and judgment of my body, and our diet after being on both ends of the food line. paleo is the caveman diet. absolutely no grains, sugars etc, where vegan is no animal products. Polar opposites. I have learned so much. I think we are just about ready to get into a lifestyle diet based on the things we have learned, and what our bodies have told us.  We still have a little bit of trial and error with Mackynzie (and possibly myself) to rule out a few of the causes of our discomforts. So I think we are going to ease into things and see where we end up. That's my favorite part. Letting go of 'the plan' and seeing where we end up.



No comments:

Post a Comment