Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Finally Doing Something to the Living Room Wall


Our living room wall is huge and brown. It has been a challenge trying to figure out what to do with it to both lighten and cover it. We were originally going to do one giant picture collage, but it was a huge undertaking to paint and find all white frames, fill all of them, hang them etc etc. So we decided to skip it and put up a large piece of art, but there was still a naked spot above our little breakfast nook. We had plans to go buy white shelves and set them off center from each other, then fill them with photos, nick knacks etc. The shelves we wanted happened to not be at the store in white last weekend, so I kept myself busy with painting frames (I was going to use them for another project.).




After I finished, I looked at all the stuff we had that could go in a collage, and I threw the idea out to cody. He agreed, so we set to work.

 I placed newspaper cut to frame size, and rearranged with painters tape until we had something we liked.
 Then we measured and marked the newspaper, popped a nail in each spot, pulled the paper over the nail, and hung each frame.

It actually turned out really sweet! It fills the space great, and gives more personality to this floor. I love it. Cody still has to level it a bit, but I just wanted to get it up and done haha.


Now Our living room looks much more put together.


I'm thinking there will be an area rug in our future. Maybe in a nice patterned yellow or blue....


No comments:

Post a Comment