Thursday, August 30, 2012

Birthday Season is Arriving!



 As summer is coming to a close, thoughts of the upcoming seasons are on my mind. The cool weather, my ideal comfy wardrobe, fall food, holidays, and birthdays. Birthdays. Mackynzie is going to be two years old in just over a month! How fantastically crazy!

 It has snuck up on me a bit this year. I am sort of glad it did though. It means I haven't been party planning for five months, haha. Mackynzie is old enough to decide what she wants her party to look like now, so we have been having many discussions about her birthday. I am pretty sure we have a very loose theme now, but either way It's going to be so fun!

 This year is going to be very different from her first birthday. The days leading up to her party last year, were hectic and stressful and costly. It was a fantastic birthday, but there are things we are definitely changing this year and for birthdays to come. We are done with food-centered birthday parties and gatherings. We didn't even realize that it had been food centered until we were discussing it one day. Parties have been centered around food for a very long time. Of course it's not just about the food, the company and people you share it with are a huge part, but there is always huge amounts of food, and people are always eating. Anyway, we decided we don't want Mackynzie (or us) receiving that message, so we are going to make her party activity based (I am still struggling with my 'food issues' too, and I don't want Mackynzie to have them.). There, of course, will be food, but only a few fun snacks and the party will take place between meal times. This alone, makes party costs fall drastically! I really can't wait for her birthday. It's going to be so much fun!

 I can't talk about birthdays without mentioning Cody's too! As many of you know, Cody and Mackynzie share their birthday with each other, so we have a weekend full of birthday/thanksgiving fun. I have plans for Cody's birthday too, since we keep them separated, but I can't really chat about them much here, since I never know which post he will drop in on. His is simple too (the way he likes it). I think we will be doing a weekend party for them (her in the afternoon, him in the evening) and then having a family celebration and some sort of activity for their actual birth day, since it's on a Tuesday.

How Awesome is it that I get to celebrate my favorite people at the same time?!


It's going to be a super fun filled time! I always get over excited for stuff like this...

No comments:

Post a Comment