Thursday, December 13, 2012

Stories, Treats and Sweet Dreams


I shared a little slice of reality yesterday, aka, my messy living room. I haven't gotten on top of my cleaning enough yet, so a regular morning and a busy toddler have been making a bit more destruction than usual. Funny note, the little bump you see in the yoga mat is a collection of mackynzie's play phones. Seems like a good spot to keep them. 


We had a fun day yesterday. We got to see good friends for a little play date and it was sweet to see the girls reconnect again. We haven't really sat down with them for a play in a while, so we are looking forward to things settling down again in the new year, so we can see them more often. I think its melt-your-heart adorable, but every time we go to their house, they pick books and perch on each of her knees for as many stories as they can squeeze in. They took turns running to get new books.



It's a fantastically beautiful thing, and I feel so blessed for the great people in our life. Watching Mackynzie be so comfortable and content around them really warms my heart. She doesn't warm to people easily, and takes her sweet time observing before she is comfortable (something I am NOT complaining about!), so it just feels really great to know she has so many people who care for her.

 After our play date, we went out for a festive snack (peppermint hot cocoa and ginger-molasses cookies anyone?) with my girlfriend. we have been friends for 10 years, and Mackynzie loves her just as much as I do I think! She was standing at the window, waving at the people going through the drive through. My little people-watcher.


Bedtime is in an odd adjustment period, and I am not too sure what direction its going in yet. She asked us to lay with her (one on each side) and play Christmas music. Cody and I drifted off with her for a couple minutes. It's always so pleasant and cozy feeling when that happens.


 Sometimes, I wish they made beds for adults that were as big as a big bed is to a toddler. and pillows and cozy duvets to match. Probably a little impractical for fitting into a house, but a girl can dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment