Monday, January 21, 2013

A small hello


 I'm taking a break from folding laundry and watching private practice for a second, to let my fingers feel what it's like to write again. They don't always take being away from the blog very well.

 I have been keeping busy and trying to find my new time slot to get some blogging in. I'm trying this new 'sleep when you're tired' thing and apparently I have quite a bit of sleep to catch up on. That, and I have had an unpleasant and constant headache for 5 days straight (which seems to have thankfully taken a hike). Now I have to start working on the 'rising early and not being a zombie or laying in bed' part. Hopefully Mackynzie's new sleep schedule sticks and we can eliminate the *ridiculously* early wake up calls (we're talking 4:30-5am here people.). Soon I will function like a normal human being... Soon.

We have been having some really fun filled days though. We had a fantastic trip to the science center last week, with really great friends. -It feels really awesome when you leave your friends feeling refreshed and happy and full. Especially when both you and your kids get along so well.- We took a spontaneous trip to the mall and health market after dropping Cody's mom off at the airport. We reconnected with a family we haven't seen in forever (turns out they live behind us! small world.). We celebrated a sweet boy with my dear friend, as we welcomed his first birthday. And then did our usual errands and outings and play times.

 There are a lot of things I want to write about here and my fingers are itching to start filling up blank pages. I am wishing it were summer right now. Even spring. These long winter months are taking their toll on me already! I am craving warm air, spontaneous walks, and doing yoga outside.


 Enough dreaming, I need to get back to private practice (it's a good episode.) and I guess sleep too, since I'm already past my bedtime. She does make joining her look pretty convincing though, doesn't she?

No comments:

Post a Comment