Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Morning



 Waking up to a sweet little face, singing my name and giving me pats on the arm. Telling me about her sleep and her dreams, telling me all the things she wants to play with today, making her stuffed monkey, Toes, give her daddy kisses as he sleeps. I really love mornings.

 It`s always so peaceful. Absolutely nothing taints the morning; it`s a fresh start, waiting to be filled with all the things you wanted to improve on from the night before and more.

 "Turn your face to the sun
and all of the shadows fall behind you"

I still have to remind myself of this. To let go, breathe in, and soak up every ounce of goodness today has to offer. I have the opportunity to be blissfully happy every single day. The choice is mine and the only question is whether or not I decide to choose it.

 I face each day in the most pleasant of places; a warm bed with heavy blankets, with an amazing little girl, and my very best friend. It can sometimes be hard to see the incredible sights right before your eyes, but I am thankful to say I am getting better at it every day. 

 So here's to mornings. I lift my warm mug of tea to you, and wish you a day filled with the amazing sights that lay before your very eyes. Cheers and good morning to you, my friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment