Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Gift and Sleep Contemplating


Mackynzie turned 23 months the other day, so there is now less then a month until she's two! Normally, I would be all over party planning and have all the details hammered out by now. But this year, we are keeping things very simple and I guess my mind has been so busy elsewhere, that I haven't been able to focus on party planning yet.

 I think I'm more stumped on what to get her for her birthday. I have ideas, but I don't know how solid they are... We will be doing two parties, well, actually three. One for a couple of her friends, their parents, and our family, one for Cody, and then one very small one on their actual birthday. On their birthday, I have loose plans to take Mackynzie out for some sort of activity (like the science center, zoo, children's museum etc) bake a cake or treat with her, and then do either a small dinner or dessert with family in the evening. We will also do presents on only that day, and most likely with just the three of us. Plans will most likely shift a bit, because their birthday falls on thanksgiving weekend each year, and we don't know if Cody will be on holidays yet.

I'm really excited (I think more so than them!) and I think I will start actually planning this weekend.

In the meantime, we are trying to figure out and adjust our bedtime routine, so I think being a little more tired then usual is in our immediate future.

Mackynzie was so sleepy yesterday afternoon, and fell asleep while nursing, so I let her sleep and put her in bed so I could do some much needed cleaning. Turns out that was a bad idea, because like always she did not go to sleep at bedtime. She napped for probably an hour and a half, and until 3:45 (Which was not smart of me, but I wasn't fighting it.).


She just sat on the couch and read books and spun around in circles until we finally took her back upstairs. At 10pm, I gave up and just got ready for bed myself and we fell asleep together with my night time music.

I am hoping we can figure this out. I don't like not letting her nap, but maybe she is just one of those people who doesn't need a whole lot of sleep... Sometimes I wish I could just hand my boobs off to Cody for the night (you know, the one who apparently only needs 5 hours of sleep to run perfectly. He stays up late.) haha... That's really weird imagery!

Anyway, I am going to go make a tea and figure out what to get my soon to be two year old, and come up with some bedtime trial solutions.

-Sunny days!-even if your skies aren't

2 comments:

  1. Don't know if i told you this or not yet, but this year for Dom we are going to have a very small get together on saturday with very close family. I am doing bruschetta and a pasta salad and a carrot cake in the shape of minnie mouse per dom's request and show a slide show i made of his first 3 years i think we might be getting a mini bounce house hand me down for him to keep and will let him use it that day. sunday i am going to decorate with balloons (that's his actual bday oct 7th) and let him have donuts for breakfast with a candle on it and probably have a lunch picnic at the park or something or go ride the ponies, something mellow, because the next day (monday) we are going to disneyland!!! yay! hubbies bday is 10 days later on the 17th still haven't figured out what to do for him yet. but i know i am going to take dom to the dollar store and let him get some presents for his dad and whatever bday card he picks out on his own. i let him pick a card for fathers day and it was so funny because it was not a fathers day card at all it was so cute! so yea that's our plans so far :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe! That sounds like such a fun and special time!! I really love more intimate things like that. It's more meaningful to the birthday person rather than just a crowd pleaser, and its that kind of thing that everyone has the fondest memories of :)You will have to tell me how it goes. Happy almost birthday to our October babies and hubbies!! :)

    ReplyDelete