Sunday, August 18, 2013

13 Weeks



How far along? 13 weeks (5 days)

Total weight gain: hmm.. possibly. I fluctuate weight a few pounds, so it's hard to tell. Weighed myself tonight (9:40pm) and am 2 lbs heavier but that might be gone plus an extra pound in the morning.

Maternity clothes? No, but a pair of shorts don't do up anymore and jeans are getting tight...

Stretch marks? No

Sleep: No complaints!

Best moment of the week: Getting our good news at our follow up ultrasound!

Miss anything? Nothing that I can think of. I can't believe I ate so many sweets before!

Number of times I get up to pee at night: still once or not at all.

Movement: Not much right now. Placenta is anterior so I'm unsure if that will affect things for me as it grows.

Food Cravings: Still citrus and fresh foods. Still love tomato soup and LOVE lemonade with lots of ice.

Anything making you queasy or sick: not really, but just a general disinterest in anything sweet.

Gender prediction: I'm so flip floppy that I have no idea. Part thinks girl, part thinks boy.

Labor signs:NO

Symptoms: Typical sense of smell, but nothing else, really.

Belly button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or moody most of the time? Happy. Only grumpy when i'm hungry ;). We call it 'hangry'.

Looking forward to: Feeling kicks from this little one. And honestly, I'm really curious about this baby's gender.


 We learned that I have an anterior placenta with this pregnancy, which just means that my placenta is in front of the baby and is attached to the front of my uterus (so it will hang out by my belly button rather than the back or either side.). It won't affect labor and delivery, and won't cause any problems. It just happens to be the spot baby implanted. The only thing I might experience is less obvious movement and kicks, because a giant placenta will be in the way. I'm unsure how my experience with it will be, but I guess we will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment