Sunday, August 25, 2013

My Blog Killer

I do not own or claim rights to this image. 

 Instagram has killed my blogging.

I heard this from several people this past weekend and realised just how true it was!

 I love instagram. It's fun, inspirational, quick and so easy to use. I think that's exactly where the problem is. Blogging is not as easy as one may think. There is a lot of editing, writing, uploading, photo editing etc etc. But with something like instagram, its just so much easier to share your life! Snap a photo, do a quick edit, write a caption and done. Not to mention that following people and sharing things is just one click of a button.

 Scrolling through photos, and putting most of the ones you take on instagram definitely makes for a lazy blogger in my opinion. It's really easy to become sort of creatively drained after viewing all those photos and ideas. Also, it's easy to take the moments you may have to blog, and spend them on instagram instead.

I have no idea why it took others saying it to clue me in, but i'm glad I saw it. I'm going to try to really be aware of it, spend less time on instagram, and the majority of those free moments here on the blog. Because honestly, I'd rather post a picture with a caption or small blurb here and keep this space active.


What do you think? If you're a blogger, do you find instagram kills your buzz a bit?

No comments:

Post a Comment