Monday, February 6, 2012

When iPhone Meets Potty...



If you couldn't guess from the title, my phone suffered the same fate as many who have lived with toddlers...

...It plunged into the depths of the toilet. (yesterday)

Sigh, whatever though, it's just a phone.

Don't get me wrong, I am bummed that I had to buy a new phone (and spend that much money unexpectedly!), but things happen. And now I get an iPhone 4S.

Haha... It was like a cheesy slow motion clip. I could see it happen, and I was like "NOOoooooooooo....", but I was too late. kerplunk.

 Mackynzie Just looked at me confused as furiously wiped it off, and then set it upright on top of a towel in hopes to drain some water. I thought it was fine for a second, because the screen was still on, and buttons were  working, but all of a sudden it started glitching like crazy and went black.

 (Mackynzie was still staring from me, to the potty, to the phone.) I got down, and told her that it was okay, and that accidents happen. But we cant put things in the potty, except for poop and pee, or they break, and we get sad. She said "Ohhh... potty?" and my response was, "yes... fell in the potty.". I just left it then, because in all honesty, I wasn't too concerned about it. It's a phone.

 Cody was shopping at the time, so I was very curious to see what his reaction would be. Our conversation went something like:

Him- "Hey, So I got -insert this and that about his trip to the grocery store, while mackynzie unloaded the bags.- How are you?"

Me: "umm... I'm okay..." (in my uh-oh, something happened voice.)

Him- "what happened? What broke?" (He is good! haha)

Me: "well.."

Him: "did something happen to my computer? Did Mackynzie stick something in it? Did it explode?" (with a smirk on his face.)

Me: "No, not your computer..."

Him: "what!?"

Me: "Mackynzie put my iPhone in the potty..." (kind of laughing, because what else do you do?)

Him: "AWWwww... Oh man... REALLY??... Your phone is so done. It's done. Hahahahaha.... Oh man..."

Him: "You put the groceries away, I will go buy a new phone. Sigh... (while still kind of laughing.)

That's something I really love about the way we are together, and the way he is. So relaxed about everything. Because really, whats done is done. No point in being upset about it, it was an accident by a 15 month old.

  I am one of those people who will keep a phone in great condition forever, and just keep using it. (Cody, on the other hand, likes to update as often as he can.) So maybe this needed to happen, or I would have had it forever! Hahaha.

The only thing I was sort of upset about, was all my pictures on it. But Cody was able to revive it for enough time to get them onto the computer. Whew. (he is GOOD!)

 Moral of my story: Don't leave your phone within reach/or in the hands of a curious toddler, when in the bathroom.





No comments:

Post a Comment