Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Mackynzie's 2nd Birthday party


 Oh my goodness, it's been a while! We started having internet problems at the beginning of last week and so I have been internet-less for the past few days. I have so much catching up to do! We have had thanksgiving,  birthday parties, treats, family outings, and Cody has been on holidays this week.  I guess the easiest way to do this will be in order of events, so we will start  with Mackynzie's second birthday party.

 Mackynzie and Cody's birthdays were on Tuesday, but we had her birthday party on Saturday to make things a little easier. As I had mentioned before, in this post, we were not doing a big shindig this year. Unlike her first birthday, we decided to keep things very low key and stress free. We let her invite a few of her friends, and kept the party between meal times so we didn't have to worry about feeding everyone.

 I didn't get many pictures; partly because I forgot, and partly because I was too busy (we didn't have a photographer there this year haha. well, technically we did, but she was a guest!)

 We had fun making her invitation this year. It was one of the easiest things we could have done!


We spent the evening before the party prepping. Mackynzie loved making her cake replacement.



Since she only had a few friends coming, we kept things simple with a play tent, tunnel, foam pit, and a bird house decorating and coloring station.



She awaited her guests like this:

We replaced a cake with rice crispy treats to keep things gluten free.


We had put them into pretty liners, and I had checked to make sure they came out of them. They did. Then 20 minutes before the party I decided to double check them. They did not come off... So we hurriedly tried to get them off a few different ways before everyone got there. I decided to pop them in the oven real quick and thankfully they came off. What's a birthday party without a little last minute near disaster, right?


 Like I said, I completely forgot about photos, I really didn't grab any of the decorations, so I snapped these afterwards. Still not much, but you can kind of see them!




These are the little bird houses the kids got to color. They were different shapes and sizes, and they were a huge hit! Everyone got to take their bird house home and they were all so proud.


Mackynzie's friends were extremely generous and they all had a blast checking out her birthday gifts.








The rice crispy treat cupcakes were a hit with the kids, and with the paper crisis averted, it all went smoothly. We had so much fun celebrating her, and the relaxed feel of the whole thing was heaven to my hectic mind. We sent Cody out to dinner with his friends afterwards, Mackynzie crashed really early, and I got to enjoy pizza and a rom-com. It was a super fun day, and I think we did our job of making some great memories for Mackynzie.

No comments:

Post a Comment