Friday, May 31, 2013

Get Up and Get Out!



 Its so beautiful outside! We have been soaking up lots of vitamin D, but not nearly as much as I would like us to. It's been raining lots here, but we have periods in the afternoons between rain that look like this. Warm, sunny and everything smells like fresh dirt. I love that rain smell.

 I started to kick my butt back into gear in the cardio department. I do lots of things like yoga, and specific body area workouts, but I know my cardio has not been where it needs to be. So I started running a bit, doing Zumba again, and jumping rope. <--- I turn on an entertaining show or movie and go. I find I do so much better with a good distraction. The workout becomes sort of mechanical for me.

 Funny how I find myself saying "man I need more energy." or "I want some more hours in the day!" and then I realise that the solution to those is getting up early and working out every.damn.day.

******

This little girl is getting so big. I have found myself slightly panicked to get on top of all the things I want to start with her. Well, more accurately, she is so darn smart and hungry for knowledge that I wasn't/am not quite prepared to feed her desires how i would like to. I think I will have to just let this one work into our days though. She is young still and ensuring that I stop and turn things into a learning opportunity, will give her exactly what she needs before her school years. I do want to step it up a little though.

 I don't think rigid pre-school plans are the right fit for our family, but I want to find something a little more structured than unschooling I think. Do I have any home schoolers here? Feel free to give me some pointers, i'm always open for new information.

 I love that summer is filled with lots of opportunities to explore. We were frog hunting yesterday evening and it was absolutely perfect.

1 comment:

  1. YES!! We were unschoolers but I too wanted a tad more structure and prompts for Kaya, so we will be doing Earthschooling and also the free Ron Paul curriculum.

    ReplyDelete