Monday, May 14, 2012

Our Journey Into Night Weaning: Night 2



 After night one of our night weaning journey, I had a sneaking suspicion that the one wake up was a fluke, and I would be paying for it on night 2.

 Well, I was wrong. Which leaves me more suspicious, because there is no way I can actually be this lucky is there? Or is It because I have been so sleep deprived that any amount of extra sleep at this point is leaving me thinking I've struck gold? I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Night 2 went well. Better than night 1 even. Here's the break down:

 We went out for dinner with our family for mother's day at 6:15pm (A perfect example of us needing to be flexible with our schedule. We like to keep dinner between 5:15 and 6pm.). It was really busy due to the holiday, so service was slow, and we weren't home until about 7:45. We decided that since our routine was still new, we would keep to it despite the time. We put Mackynzie in the bath as soon as we were home, quickly got her ready for bed, so Cody and her could sit down with a story and her almond milk. I took her to bed to nurse her and I am pretty sure she was asleep by about 8:30.

  Cody and I parted ways and I crawled into bed at about 10:30. Mackynzie was fast asleep, I had a dog snuggled at my feet and I quickly drifted off. At about 12:30-12:45 Mackynzie woke up coughing a bit (she is getting the rest of her teeth, so when she teethes she gets a horrible runny/plugged nose which makes her couch at night sometimes.) So I went downstairs to to grab her a drink of water (normally I keep a water for myself, and Mackynzie on the night stand, but i forgot.). She met me at the stairs as I was going up, so I carried her with me back to bed. She drank her water thirstily, then let me lay her on my chest. She sat up and asked for 'boobie' and again, I responded with 'boobies all done.'. She whined a tiny bit but laid back on my chest and was asleep within a minute or so. I say the entire episode lasted 10 minutes tops.

The next time she woke me up, it was 5:50am. She asked for 'boobies' but since it was not yet 6 am (the hour we chose to end.) I cuddled her instead. She fussed for a minute, but flopped down and laid still. At 6am, she was still awake (we are early birds, so we wake up for the day between 6 and 7.) and I knew she was up for the day. I asked her if she would like to have 'boobies' and her little face lit up while she exclaimed 'Yes!' and clapped her hands. We nursed for about 20 minutes and were soon joined by Cody who gave us each a kiss goodbye.

This morning I woke up with more energy then I can ever remember waking up with. It was glorious. Perfect timing too, because we had a full day at the zoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment