Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Cuddles and Cookies? You bet!


 It's getting closer! I can't believe this is the last week left until Christmas  Yesterday was my day at home, aka do everything I can that needs to be done before things get busy, so it was filled with the last of the baking, cleaning, visiting with my girlfriend, feeling overwhelmed around 1:30 as per usual, reading stories, giving kisses, and helping a little girl who was having a trying day.


 Today we are having a couple of Mackynzie's friends over to decorate cookies, drink non dairy hot chocolate and play. I hope they have lots of fun together, and I will be sure to share photos of messy hands and faces. Then we will probably snuggle up and watch one of my favorite Christmas movies.

 With this time of year being so busy, I am trying really hard to have lots of connecting moments with Mackynzie. Tune out the world and make sure she knows that she is safe, loved, and that she can relax. Yesterday told me that we have strayed too far from our normal diet for her to handle, and that mama has been too busy buzzing around. So I am making sure that we have some down time every day leading up to Christmas  while still having a fun outing every day.

 I just want to make sure I am as in touch with her as possible, especially right now. I want to see the wonder in her eyes as we look at twinkling lights and brightly colored bows. I want to feel her excitement and share it with her. I want to tell her stories of Santa clause and his reindeer, and see her listen with joy as I explain his trip around the world. I want to soak up every bit of this season and be still in it.

This sweet little girl brings us so much joy and happiness. And she has a fantastic sense of humor.

Here's to sweet cuddles, quiet moments, and happiness this holiday season. Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment