Friday, February 1, 2013

Cabin fever, meet my sparkling butt rays.



 I don't know that I have ever had such a hard time with winter before. Sure, our winters are long and normally cold, but they pass and spring comes again, just in time for my head not to explode. This year, though, I feel like I am climbing the walls. Honestly, my feelings right now are most likely due to the week I am having. Not a bad week, just a very empty week, with not much more than a trip to the store, or a quick lunch with a friend.

 I am the kind of person who needs to have a full plate. If I there are things to be done, everything runs more smoothly for me. It gives me a reason to be organized and on top of things, but when I am home? I lump around demotivated and as sucky as it feels to admit, I am a very un-fun mom. Pair that with my over-thinking and you get a frazzled and frustrated mess who invents issues that aren't actually there.  HOWEVER...

I am going to kick the rest of this winter directly and very indiscreetly in the ass.

 Today, I am going to go out and buy supplies to make valentines and buntings and fun, happy, colorful things with Mackynzie. We will craft and giggle and spend the weekend making fun plans to tie us over until spring arrives (hopefully before June...).

 My name is Rainbow. I have a magical gift to shoot streams of color and glitter out of my behind, while riding a unicorn bareback and eating a cupcake.

Cabin fever will claim us no more. I will win. I am epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment