Monday, July 22, 2013

Baby News (the details)


Baby Miller number two! We are over the moon.  If you missed our announcement, check it out here.

I'm really happy we spilled the beans, because now I get to blab your eyes off with baby updates and what not. Lets start with the details everyone loves to know.

 Some of you followed us through our tough time last September when we thought we may have been expecting. If you didn't, basically it was very emotional. We had previously been pretty set on one child, so the possibility of a second scared us. Also, it made us really sit and evaluate what we wanted with our family. This process took quite some time. We wanted to make sure we were both on the same page and doing what was right for our family.

 In February (of this year) we made the decision that we wanted to add one more to our bunch. It felt right, and we just knew Mackynzie would be the best big sister anyone could ask for. We spent a little while confirming our feelings, letting them soak, and preparing ourselves for a second pregnancy.

 In mid May, we decided we were ready, and we started trying. To our very pleasant surprise, I found out I was pregnant on June 8th. I had a feeling that I was pregnant, so I tested really early. I convinced myself that at 4 days early, I was not going to see a positive result. Imagine my shock as I squinted at a test at 6am, telling myself I was seeing things as a second pink line began to appear. Just as I did with Mackynzie, I called across the room to a sleepy Cody "I'm pregnant! I think. Maybe I'm crazy.". He patted the bed beside him and looked at the test. "I see it!" he told me. And we got ready for our day with goofy grins on our faces. I didn't believe it at all. It still feels unreal. I even filmed this ridiculous video of early morning me trying to absorb it all.  (I won't be offended if you skip over it. it makes me laugh and cry haha)



                    

 We talked about it with Mackynzie right from the start. We told her that mommy was going to be pregnant soon, and that she would be a big sister probably in the winter time. I told her I would tell her when I found out. She was very happy about that and celebrated right along with us the morning we found out. She is still very excited, asking lots of questions, talking to my belly, rubbing it, kissing it. She is completely stoked for her big sister role. She tells me all the things she will help do when the baby comes. It definitely confirmed  what our gut told us.

Baby info:

 My guess date for this baby is February 18th (valentine baby?) which makes me 10 weeks on Tuesday.
   So far I have been decently sick. And sleepy, but thankfully my morning sickness is petering out and i'm regaining my energy. My house would give you nightmares right now.

It was quite the effort, but thankfully I got myself a midwife and met her early this month. She is awesome and I love her. We all love her already.

 Due to us living about 40 minutes from the city (and midwives are covered by health care here so they are in high demand.), and having a middle of Alberta, Canada winter baby, we decided to not have a home birth, but instead birth in one of the beautiful birthing centers. It's actually a converted house so it feels perfect. I knew going in to things that if I wanted a midwife, I would probably need to nix the birth in our home, so I am very happy and content with the decision. (If we had baby at home, and our midwife was with  me while another mom went into labor on the opposite side of the city, she wouldn't be able to make the other mother-or maybe my- birth. Plus being the dead of winter in Alberta (think cold weather and feet of snow.) we figured it would just be easier and more relaxing for us to go set up at our home away from home (aka birth center), and drive out when I'm in early labor. plus we are that much closer to a hospital that delivers babies should we need it (40 mins vs. 10)) I can't wait to show you guys how cozy it is. Everyone feels like family, its so great.

I will share more details on my birth plan as things progress. My first ultrasound is this week, so hopefully we get to hear little baby thumps!

We also want to give a HUGE thank you to everyone. So much love and support! Thank you for celebrating this life with us.

Note: A few people wondered what this meant for our living situation (we are staying with Cody's parents right now.) I mentioned a bit about it here. This was very much a decision in our baby planning. With the market sucking, and chatting with his parents (letting them know we would be trying for a baby.) we decided it would be a good idea to stay until next spring. That way mackynzie's environment doesn't change, more money in our pockets for things like a new vehicle when we leave, and I get some postpartum help from my mom-in law when baby comes.



We are so excited to be growing our beautiful family. Thank you so much for following our life and being such wonderful people. I appreciate you all!

Xx




No comments:

Post a Comment