Thursday, October 3, 2013

20 Weeks (Name announcement)


 5 Months! Halfway there! What?...

 It took us a bit to figure out his middle name, but our little boy is officially named! Grayson Wyatt Miller.
   We are early birds when it comes to naming our kids, apparently. We think until our thinkers are sore and then all of a sudden the pieces click together and it just feels right. We decided on Mackynzie's name the day before we found out she was a girl. Cody brought up Grayson and it just stuck. We decided that would probably be our boy's name in august, and then once we found out he was a boy, we knew it was right. It took us a couple of days after finding out, to come up with his middle name, but we found one and now our little guy is named! Plus, I think Mackynzie and Grayson sounds awesome together.

 We thought about not sharing our baby's name a while ago. You always have people telling you stories about how they told, and then someone 'stole' the name, or people didn't like it and made them feel bad about it. Cody and I sat down and chatted about it and (like usual) he gave me no doubts that sharing the name was no big deal. Because really, Cody and I are the only one's who have to like the name. We just needed to pick something with meaning to us and if someone had a problem with it, then good for them. It's not like we would change it because great grandma sally (not an actual person..) didn't like the name. And the name stealing? Well, there are other people with the same names in the world. It's just going to happen, and would be silly to try and avoid! If someone I know decided  to name their baby the same thing, well cool, we are still going to keep the name. No big deal to us. So after that little conversation, we decided to share his name with you! And continuing on with the usual post...

How far along? 20 weeks (but with possible new 'due' date, lets say 20 weeks, 6 days.)

Total weight gain: Current weight: 135, so 3 pounds this week. Hey, growth spurt! That means from pre pregnancy I have gained 5 lbs total so far.

Maternity clothes? No, but bigger clothes, yes.

Stretch marks? Not any new ones. I'm trying to be really on top of coconut oiling my belly now. I have an itchy belly now and then..

Sleep: Good. Have to roll over with my body pillow now though, which is a bit annoying. I can't sleep on one side all night anymore.

Best moment of the week: He is moving so much more, so that's really cool when he gives some good kicks that everyone can see. Oh, It was really funny last weekend when I was holding a girlfriend's new baby. He kept kicking the baby. Mackynzie did that when I held babies too.

Miss anything? Tea. And lifting my knees past my hips; He is so darn low.

Number of times I get up to pee at night: this week has been more.. like 1-3 times. we will see if that continues.

Movement: Lots, and not just when I'm sitting still now.

Food Cravings: Still no real 'cravings' but I love orange juice. Super satisfying.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Fast food.

Gender prediction: I can probably take this one out now. It's a boy!

Labor signs: No.

Symptoms: my hips lock up. Need to put yoga back in daily. hard when you feel like a tin man! I get heartburn when I eat refined flour, like crap cookies...

Belly button in or out? Half. Top is out, bottom is in.

Wedding rings on or off? On, with room to spare right now.

Happy or moody most of the time? Happy. But I've really had to work on not being a debby downer in these last months we are living here. I just want to move!

Looking forward to: Everything! I'm really enjoying taking my time and enjoying this pregnancy day by day.

Here is the side view for week 20. Mackynzie has a rubber snake in her mouth, and the dog thinks we are going somewhere because we are standing by the door.


I did bare belly only weekly shots with Mackynzie. felt a little weird to not be doing any with this pregnancy, so I am going to include a nakey belly shot as well from here on out. Bellies do crazy things and I want to watch it change! (I'm assuming that's my knuckle photo-bombing the corner.)


No comments:

Post a Comment