Tuesday, October 1, 2013

It's the tough times that grow us.


 So I feel like I haven't done a real post on here in a while...

  In short, life has been busy. More so, it's been stressful. I have been a giant ball of anxiety and stress and emotion (completely unrelated to pregnancy.). I'm not going to lie to you, living with the in-laws has been hard. Like really hard. It's tested everything in me, and has made me work on things that don't typically get a work out. For this, I am thankful. In the big picture, our decision to move home for a year has been a blessing. But day to day it's a challenge. Lately, I have been really struggling to push through these final months. this past week, I even hit that really weak place. I threw my hands up and just said 'I can't do this anymore. I'm done. I have nothing left.' accompany that with messy sobs that were, of course, able to flow more freely due to pregnancy and I'm sure you get the picture.

 It's times like these, that I am especially grateful for my husband. The way we balance each other out is hard for me to understand. I'm not going to try to; I know we are soul mates and that we are the perfect combination for each other.
  Cody held me close in this moment and while there was a pause in my tears, he lifted my chin and smiled at me.

"I know this is hard. But this is our test. Look how far you've come! We are so close to being done, and if anyone can turn these last months into something amazing, it's you.I will do whatever I can to help you. Let me clean, and please, for the love of god, put your feet up at the end of the day and let me take care of what didn't get done. Go to bed early, read a book- let's go get you a new book-, have a bath, just relax. This is that turning point where you get through the hardest part, and then make something awesome of it. Think of how awesome it's going to be to say 'We did it!' and then get to continue on with our life. You've got this, hun, and I'm right here with you"

Of course, i'm paraphrasing a little because I didn't write it as he said it, but still, he is amazing. How I got so lucky, I will never know, but I will live my life trying my best to love him exactly how he deserves to be loved.

 I feel better now. I have a new spring in my step and I can see the finish line. I don't know exactly when we are moving, I'm hoping before Christmas, but January at the latest. You never know, it could even be soon. This pregnant mama just wants  to nest! I will get to though, and in the mean time, i'm doing everything I can to prep and list-make and organize to make things easier when we do move.

 Cody and Mackynzie's birthday is next week (crazy!) and that kick starts lots of busy events to prepare for before our little boy makes his arrival.I'm super excited to celebrate them.

 I'm taking this time to just step back and focus on the good, important stuff, but when I do have spare time, I plan to spend it here and ignore my social media networks for a while. I just don't have time to keep up with it all right now!

 The air is chilly, the leaves are crunchy, and winter is giving hints of it's impending arrival. Happy October everyone! I hope you make it a good one!


No comments:

Post a Comment