Thursday, October 3, 2013

Hearty Cold Weather Stew



   The cold weather is here, pumpkins are popping up everywhere, it could only mean one thing. Time to pull out the crock pot and make delicious hot dinners for the cold evenings. Not to mention that the whole being pregnant thing makes me not want to do a lot in the kitchen.

This recipe is completely clean eating friendly. Each ingredient is nutrient dense and hearty. It literally tastes like fall. Pair it with something pumpkin and sweet for desert and you have hit the fall eating jack pot. This is my favorite stew to date and I have been excitedly awaiting lunch time so I can eat leftovers. Make this, it's delicious.

This recipe is from Tosca Reno, however I changed a few things slightly to suit our family.

Get the recipe Here.

I changed/omitted the following ingredients:

* I chose not to coat the meat in the flour, and instead do what I usually do, which is cook the meat on a high heat to brown the outside and cook it about half+ way. (in coconut oil)

* Since I didn't do the flower mix, I added the seasonings to the whole stew. I used sea salt, pepper, and about a tablespoon  of Italian seasoning.

* I added a couple more carrots.

* I used 1 sweet potato instead of two, and replaced the second sweet potato with a large white potato.

* I did NOT add the nuts, as Cody has a nut allergy.

I did everything else to follow the recipe and changed only the above mentioned items. For those of you who have asked how I make stew It's exactly this, only this time I added the parsnips and sweet potato.

I hope you enjoy it! We certainly did.

Let me know how you liked it if you tried it, and if you changed anything!

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment