Wednesday, February 15, 2012

16 Months Old



 Wow... That was a crazy week!

 First, lets start out with my amazing girl. She turned 16 months old on the 9th!
 
 I just cant get over how much she learns and grows with each passing month. It's such a surreal and beautiful experience.

 I am learning things I never could have imagined I would learn. Like how as she gets older, and grows into her own, independent person, we grow closer. Our bond gets deeper. Our relationship becomes stronger then ever before.

 Words to describe this experience do not exist; not ones that do these feelings and moments justice, anyway.

Every touch of her tiny hand, every look  that needs no words, every mid-afternoon snuggle under the blankets, for no reason other than wanting to be near each other.

  These things, are what life is all about.

 I can only look forward to the time that has yet to come, because I am assured that so long as I follow my heart, and be true to my empathy, we will be able to create more moments and memories, then I could ever dream.

 My love for this beautiful little person, is so overwhelmingly powerful. It coats my mind, and flows over my every thought. It makes me better - She makes me better- in every single way, every single day.

  I find myself amazed by her personality. By the way she views things. By the ways she differs from me so greatly, yet is so much like myself.

 Maybe, more than anything, I love this feeling of guiding her, and letting her learn this world in her own special way, and feeling more connected with her than I ever thought possible. Its like she is flying above me, but there is the world's strongest tether connecting our hearts and souls; and although she is flying above, we are somehow beside each other, seeing everything together.

 She has taught me so much in just 16 months; I can only imagine what she will teach me in her lifetime.

 I am so incredibly fortunate to know this love. To know this life. To know her.

Happy 16 months to my little girl, who words will never be able to describe, so lets just use 'love'.



No comments:

Post a Comment