Saturday, April 28, 2012

Vegan Pizza Awesomeness




 This pizza is so awesome, I just had to share with you all real quick! ...And it's vegan!

 It is so simple and so delicious! Creamy, savory, a tiny bit of crunch... If I had to choose one thing to eat forever right this second, it would be this.

I was shopping for our hectic schedule, and needed something quick and easy that could be thrown together despite the chaos and boxes that goes along with moving. I picked up some Nan bread with no idea of the beautiful creation I would soon be nomming on.

So, enough with the talking. Here is how I made it:



I took one piece of Nan bread, brushed it with melted butter (This part wasn't vegan, but i will replace the butter once my coconut oil comes in. you could even use water or olive oil.) and popped it in the oven, pre heated to 395F for approximately two minutes (you just want to warm it up.).

Then I washed and chopped some red and green bell pepper, onion, garlic, fresh mushrooms, and although its not in the picture above because i just laid it on the pizza (which is still good, but this is better.), about a handful of chopped/ripped spinach, and sauteed it all in pan with butter (again, i will use coconut oil to make it fully vegan when I get it!) until things started turning golden.

you only want enough veggies etc to cover your Nan bread, but you want a good amount. Also, while you're frying, your bread should be out. don't burn your bread!

Once everything was sauteed, I spread some *herbs and spices* tomato paste on my Nan bread, then evenly spooned out my veggie mix. Herb and spices tomato paste is very important. It really makes the pizza..

I popped it in the oven for about 2-4 mins (you are just giving everything a little bake since its all cooked. Just to crisp up a bit. So do not exceed 4 mins!)



I took it out of the oven, put it on a plate, and went into a state of bliss as I enjoyed this beauty with a nice cold glass of coconut milk. Om Nom Nom...


And that, my friends, is how you make my awesome Vegan pizza. If you try it, let me know. Also let me know what you add to it! My next one will have some zucchini...

No comments:

Post a Comment