Monday, November 12, 2012

An Acceptable Distraction


 I apologize. I am completely distracted lately. Maybe it's because he has been working longer, or maybe it's just because we finally feel balanced in a routine, but I am completely smitten in my husband's presence. I mean, I always am, but lately... I feel like I am 16 all over again. Just seeing him has sent butterflies racing around in my stomach. Now, before you get all weird on me here, I am not talking about hot and heavy, too much information kind of stuff. (If you haven't noticed, we keep our personal life very personal in most cases.) I am just talking pure head over heals, passionate romance. Again, I usually keep these things to myself (not even my girlfriends hear this haha), but I feel like my head is going to explode! He doesn't even need to do anything special. Just getting a glimpse of his face at a flattering angle, or an accidental bump of our hands makes me dizzy and completely absorbed. And by some sort of crazy miracle, he feels the same way about me.

 It's funny. People always talk about how marriage and staying in love is so hard, and that after the first year, things start to lessen, or once you experience XYZ it won't be this way. Now I know they are all wrong. If you find the one your heart and soul fit perfectly with, that love will never diminish. No sparks will die, because, really, how on earth could you just stop being and acting recklessly in love with someone? One day you just don't feel like it? I think that if you keep that passion alive in your own heart ( I couldn't imagine being without it...), you will constantly keep one another's burning brighter and brighter. I mean, marriage enhances every aspect of being in love. Things can only get better, because you have had more practice! Ha.

 People will still tell us things to try to bring us down to 'reality', I'm sure. But the thing they will never know, is behind our polite nods, there will always be a growing fire between us. No one will know that we have already tucked 5 years of this growing passion under our seats, and it is rocketing us forward faster than any of our previous days. And probably the thing that we get to keep as our biggest secret, as we give each other a knowing look, is that there is no such thing as one 'reality'. We get to make our own. And we have. And we are. And we get to stay beautifully and fantastically surrounded by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment