Tuesday, November 19, 2013

House Tour 2013


As promised, here is what our house looks like!

I planned to do this sooner, but we had Cody's giant old desk in the middle of the house waiting for someone to buy it. It finally sold and it left last night, so I grabbed my phone and walked around before it got put off.

 If you are unfamiliar with our living situation, you can check out the original post about that here. Basically though, we are living with Cody's parents (in the basement with shared kitchen area etc upstairs.) and i'll update on that situation below.

A few things:

*This video is so us, lol. I'm not even editing it because I think it gives you a good idea of daily musings at the Miller's.

*There is a lovely part in the middle where I discover I'm filming the wrong way yet again. I always forget to turn my damn phone! (maybe I should actually use the awesome camera I have...)

*Our house is half decorated (including half a popcorn garland on the tree haha)

*I'm tired in the evenings... like really. excuse the under eye bags and messy hair ;)

*You can check out how it looked at the beginning of the year here.






*******

****

**
I wanted to share an update about what our plans our for moving etc, while i'm talking about house stuff.

 Cody and I have decided to stay until after Grayson is born. The original plan was to stay one year (that would be this December.). Then we decided we were going to move in January, right before Grayson. We wanted to move for a lot of reasons. Living with in-laws is hard. Trying to nest when you don't feel at home is hard. Living in a basement is hard.

 We sat and had a long chat about it after several chats that wound up with tears and frustrations. We decided that the issues we were having were solvable. We could make this feel more like a home with a little bit of reorganizing, shopping, and elbow grease. We sat down and talked with his parents (who never wanted us to move in the winter, and like always told us we were welcome for as long as we pleased.) and laid out issues on the table to see if we could all  come to some agreements to make everyone happier (and us comfortable enough to bring a new baby home here.). We felt such a huge wave of relief once we finally made a decision. Staying just made more sense. We wouldn't have to move with me 9 months pregnant. We wouldn't have to move in 3 feet of snow and in the dead of winter. We wouldn't have to deal with finding a house in a very crappy market. Mackynzie wouldn't have to be uprooted and then immediately welcome a new sibling. I would have an extra hand to do things like throw dinner in the oven or let my dogs outside if we stayed.

 With that, we went took a trip to Ikea and a few other places, built things like shelves, storage spaces etc, decorated it to make it feel like us, and set up a space for baby Grayson.

For the first time since moving here, it feels like a home. I don't tell Cody about how much we need to move, and I'm not moping around all depressed. We stayed here to do things like clear every bit of our debt, save for things that are hard to buy when you have a million expenses, learn some life lessons about things like not having too much pride to move home and to grow, and tuck some money away for whatever house we decide to move into. So far we have done all those things, so now we get to relax and prepare for our new baby. The extra money is also a really nice incentive to stay.

 We will move sometime after Grayson is born. I'm not sure when. That will depend on when I feel ready (physically, spiritually, and emotionally) to move after having a baby. It will also depend on when a house pops up for us, and when spring decides to show up. We will be out by the summer at the latest I'm sure.

So ya.. That's a little update on where we are at and why we aren't moving right away. We are happy, and we are so very blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment