Friday, January 10, 2014

The Last Weeks: Week 1

Click here to view the first post, explaining this project. Feel free to follow along via instagram at #rainbowspregnancyproject



December 31st: "There are about 6 weeks left that it's just the three of us. Mama is full term in 4. Although, you correct anyone who tells you your brother will be here soon, telling them he is already here and part of our family. You are so wise beyond your years, my love. Today we played 'burry' in the snow. You thought it was THE funniest thing. Those moments when we are looking at each other, belly laughing, are some of my very favorite. I hope we continue to have more and more as we grow together. Thank you for making me laugh. I love you."


January 1st: "today we spent the new year having some awesome family fun. We played and wrestled and laughed. Daddy and I took you to the sled hill so Carly could pull you down in your new sled. You walked home, admiring everything your little eyes saw. I'm so grateful to have you reminding me to stop and see the beauty in everything at all times. There is always time to enjoy the life around you. Thank you for always teaching me, even if you sometimes need to remind me."


 January 2nd: "Today, I decided to cut your hair. You were just bathed and sitting quietly, so I jumped on the opportunity. You refuse to see a hair dresser, and you are firm in "growing your hair long. Like mommy's", which I am perfectly and happily fine with. We talked about how we were going to have to trim it a little after christmas to keep it healthy and growing though. You didn't protest, but kept telling me you were nervous while I cut it. I can't say I blame you, I'm no hair dresser, but it turned out good all things considered! You were happy with it afterwards, and told me we could just never cut it short. I know how important your hair is to you; I'm honored to be allowed to cut it for you. Stay you, sweet girl. I love you!"



January 3rd: "Sharing sleep with you, has been one of the most grounding parts of motherhood for me. Hearing your soft sighs, cuddling close in the wee hours of the morning, waking to your smiling face; even when we have rough days, we are always brought back together by the night. Safe and still in the quiet, any troubles from our day forgotten. I know one day you will want your own space, but for right now, I'm grateful you choose to share your sleep with us. Xoxo"


January 4th: "you take such good care of our animals. They are so important to you. You have such a beautiful and tender heart, and you have always been connected to nature and animals on a deeper level. Something that really makes my soul happy to be able to share with you. These two dogs are your best friends. Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend must have never had a dog to grow up with like you, my love!"



January 5th: "one of the most satisfying things for me is watching you and your daddy together. You have such a special and precious bond between you. He is your best friend, and your safe resting place. You both share an understanding that is yours alone. The relationship you have with your daddy, and the special things you share are different than with you and I, and I'm so thankful for that. You will learn things I could never teach you from him. He loves you with every ounce of his giant heart, and I know you love him with all of yours. I know you two will always play silly games and cuddle as close as you can forever. We love you! Xoxo"


January 6th: "teaching you is such a joy. You are so hungry for knowledge! I didn't expect to be homeschooling you while 8 1/2 months pregnant, but I'm happy we are. You couldn't wait a second longer. I may be your teacher, but I know that you have and you will teach ME far more than I could possibly teach you. I hope I'm always open to learn your precious and invaluable lessons."

No comments:

Post a Comment