Friday, July 27, 2012

A little Window- Er, Old House Shopping


 Today Mackynzie and I had tons of fun exploring and adventuring little things throughout our day.


After chowing down on a cheat-friday ice cream, we decided to check out a local 'stuff' shop to continue our fun. I had never been inside before, but the cozy looking outside always made me want to stop in. Boy, was I missing out! First off, this place is super unique and incredibly cozy. They bought an old (a town 'original) house and turned it into their store. They kept it in the same layout, but just made use of the space (Probably a big reason I was so in love with it.). This house was huge though. You walk through the front door, into the hallway that leads into the 'house'. There are shelves of awesome treasures, both handmade and unique everywhere, and pictures, paintings and wall hangings that hug every bit of space on every wall. It's so cool, because you walk from room to room and the place is literally packed with stuff. You even go into the door-less closets to look at displays of beautiful things. The lower part of the store is a little clothing boutique. The only changes it looks like they made to the place (apart from obvious repair and maintenance) was putting in two check out counters. We went through and snapped some (bad) pictures of lots of things I would like to add to our humble abode. You guessed it, I'm going to share them with you.



You will probably notice a lot of the photos are of beach-y things. My taste is most often very beach inspired and I can't wait until our home reflects it more.

I LOVE this, but after looking at it again (and the price tag...) this could be a fairly straight-forward and fun DIY.



I sort of  really have a thing for ceramic (white) animals. I want almost every one I see! This one doubled as a hook (under the trunk.). Fancy.





This half-hidden picture frame is really cool. It has a little chalk board around it. So cute!







I really liked this magazine basket. Perfect for a living room, den, nook, or bathroom!


Doesn't this serving platter look so soft and pleasant? It looks like a perfect morning feels.


This picture is blurry, sorry. Its a go-cup that says 'namaste'. Totally up my ally. (I felt like a creeper going around taking pictures, so I got some odd angles and bad quality haha)

They had a bunch of really fun aprons too.


I loved this pitcher and jar. I am a big fan of the soft blue playing off the fake green flower/foliage thing.

There is just something about wooden bowls, utensils, and accessories in a kitchen...


Okay, so maybe it's just a ceramic thing to an extent?


Pretty beach-y serving plate.

 I snapped this while heading down the stairs haha.


You can see how 'original' this house is. So beautiful.



We had a lot of fun in there and Mackynzie didn't want to leave. She left enthusiastically saying 'Bye!' to everything. We will definitely be back (possibly multiple times) to pick up some fun things.

No comments:

Post a Comment